eShop Installation and Data Setup guide for Dynamics 365 Business Central
NOTE - Download document for Instructions with screenshots.
The purpose of this document is to guide you through the Installation and Setup of eShop for Dynamics 365 Business Central. This document assumes that the eShop App has been downloaded from Microsoft AppSource onto your Dynamics 365 Business Central.
Upon successfully downloading the app from Microsoft AppSource, eShop creates two Icons on home page –> Actions area of the Dynamics 365 Business Central - eShop Account Registration and eShop Setup Card. NOTE - Alternatively, you can access the eShop Account Registration from Notification
eShop Account Registration – Will be used to collect information from you to create necessary URLs and share.
eShop Setup Card – a place where you’ll configure the URLs and default settings to apply for the new site created.
To Start: Go to Dynamics 365 Business Central Dashboard, click on the eShop Account Registration and follow the onscreen instructions to register with us.
This opens the eShop Setup Wizard
Follow through the wizard for setting up the Account information:
Upon completing the form with all the required fields, click Finish. (You’ll receive an email confirmation from Dynamics eShop on submitting your information successfully).
NOTE – Dynamics eShop will setup a website and email the site URL. (For Microsoft Team Please check the test accounts document)
Once you have the credentials on hand, you are ready to proceed with the Installation. Begin by accessing DYNAMICS 365 BUSINESS CENTRAL -> eShop Setup Card.3 steps to complete on this page:
Enter URLs in the General Tab
Run Default Setup
Get Web Service Login info
NOTE: If for any reason you are not able to see the eShop Setup Card in your ACTIONS area, this means the User Id you are using to login does not have required Permission to access eShop. But you should still be able to get into the eShop Setup Card via Notification Link.
URLs Setup - Enter the eShop URL, tab over and E-Shop Admin URL and Web Service URL will be auto populated. In any case the email will contain the Admin and the web services URL that you can use if the fields don’t autofill.
Run Default Setup
On the eShop Setup card page, click on the Run Default Setup Ikon on the Ribbon. (This will configure the default settings, auto generate the necessary fields on the Numbering tab in the setup card and setup the Web Services.)
Web Service Login Info On clicking this option, you’ll be directed to your Dynamics 365 Business Central User Information page. Make note of the User Name and the Web Service Access field info.
This info will have to be setup in the Website backend
With this, the setup in Dynamics 365 Business Central is complete. Your new website is ready with the Standard theme implemented.
Your next step is to connect the website to your Dynamics 365 Business Central. Below are the steps to accomplish that.
The Site URL and credentials provided in the email by eShop can be used to browse the site with the new URL in your browser – Login with the credentials in the email and go to the backend of the website by clicking on the Administration link on the top of the homepage.
On the eShop setup card, click on the eShop Admin URL link to take you directly to the backend of your website
From the eAdmin – select ERP Webshop Services on the left-hand panel
Enter information on the above fields, Test Connection and you should see the ‘Connection Successful’ message once the connection has been made.
UserName - Your Dynamics 365 Business Central Login User Name
Password - Web Service Access Key is your password. (can be found in eShop Setup Card)
ERP Web Service Path – Refer to the Web Service URL from the eShop Setup Card to obtain the path for this field.
With this, your website is ready with Real-time Integration to Dynamics 365 Business Central
Once the site is Live, prepare the site with data for testing Integration. This means publishing the data from Dynamics 365 Business Central to the Website. There are 2 ways of accomplishing this. One manually by publishing each product individually and the other would be to mass publish using our - One Click Install functionality. Below is a procedure to setup the data individually. Start with publishing a category and then the Item so every Item created can be associated to their respective category.
- From the Dynamics 365 Business Central Homepage –> click on the eShop Setup -> eShop Categories ikon and Add New Category.
- Provide a unique category ID, Name, and the Parent ID under which you want to create a sub category. Note - If you are creating a parent category, leave the parent category id field blank.
- eShop enabled has to be checked in order for the category to be published onto the website.
- Go to Actions on the main menu and click on Publish. You’ll receive a confirmation on the category published.
- Note - eShop ID field is auto populated with a unique number once the category is published.
To Test – Go to the website, the category you just published will show on the home page. You can also look for it under products section from the main menu.
- From the Dynamics 365 Business Central RTC Homepage – click on the eShop Setup Card - Items list Ikon and either select an existing item or Add New Item.
- If you are creating a new item - Fill in the mandatory fields on the standard Items list page with Name, Description, UOM, Unit price etc.
- Access the fast tab - eShop on the Items list page – select the category from the dropdown, manufacture code (Optional…select if manufacture info is setup) and check the eShop enabled box – (Note: By checking the eShop enabled box and publishing the item, the item info gets pushed to the site).
- From the main menu, go to Navigate tab, select Publish.
- (eShop ID is auto populated once the Item is published and you receive a confirmation pop up stating the Product is published.)
To Test – Go to the website, search for the new Item published in the search
field or in the products tab from the main menu you’ll find the Item listed under the respective category selected.
- From the Dynamics 365 Business Central RTC Home page –> click on eShop Setup card –>eShop Users Ikon.
- Click New to create a new eShop User:
- Enter the mandatory fields to create a user
|User ID||Auto populates a unique series of numbers/letters|
|Email Address||This will be your eShop login ID as well|
|First Name||Enter your First Name|
|Last Name||Your Last Name|
|Password||enter your password|
|User Type||Select Customer in this column|
|No.||Enter the Customer number to which you will be associating the eShop User|
|EShop Enabled||Check this box to push the eShop User information and to enable the user on the website.|
- Click Publish. Once published the eShop Id field number will be auto populated.
To Test – go to the website and Click on the Login on the top left corner of your screen -> Enter your email address and password in the Returning Customer area. If a eShop user was created successfully, you’ll be logged into the site.
Typically, customers are encouraged to Register (create an account) on the website and checkout so their account info exists in the system and they’ll have the ability to view all their transactions, open orders, close orders in the future. To create an account:
Go to the website - > on the top right corner, click on the lock ikon and select Register. Enter all the mandatory fields on the page and click Register. This will create a web customer entry in Dynamics 365 Business Central.
To test – Logout after creating an account and go back to the website -> select the lock ikon - click Login -> enter credentials. If an account was created successfully, you’ll be logged in.
- Log into the website with the User Credentials you just created.
- Browse the website, select an item and Add to cart.
- Go to the Shopping cart and Checkout.
- Select the Shipping Address or click Add New for a new address.
- Select the Billing Address from the existing list or Add New address.
- Select Shipping method and click next (use default shipping method to test)
- Select Payment method and click next (use PO order to test)
- Click confirm to confirm the order
This creates a real-time sales order in the Dynamics 365 Business Central.
To Test - Copy the Order Number and go to Dynamics 365 Business Central – Sales Order – search with the Order Number, verify that all the items purchased show up in the sales line of the sales order.
NOTE – eShop Integrates real-time with majority of the Shipping carriers to pull the price onto the site and also provides integration with the payment gateway for Credit Card processing. All this information has to be setup in the backend by keying in your credentials. Once the basic functionality has been tested to your satisfaction, eShop can help with advanced setup of the site and mass publishing of your data to the site.